ABOUT THE COMPANY
"Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, the Mac and Apple Watch. Apple’s three software platforms — iOS, OS X and watchOS — provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple’s 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it.
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Our community is made up of every kind of individual: artists and designers, engineers and scientists, thinkers and doers. Together we create things and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. So if you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job. Just be ready to dream big."
- Supply Quality Engineer
- Manufacturing Design - iPhone/iPod/Watch
Responsible for developing, applying, revising, and maintaining quality standards for processing materials, solving complex quality engineering problems in creative and effective ways.
- Acts as a project leader on a variety of projects.
- Interfaces with other Apple functional groups as resources to optimize suppliers quality programs.
- Drive the development and implementation of Product Quality Plan (PQP). Works as a part of a New Products introduction team draw up and/or coordinate and implement the PQP for the site. In conjunction with the design engineers and the site engineers, determine the process goals for products.
- Evaluates the supplier processes and process controls to ensure product quality and reliability is built in. Monitors each supplier's performance through measurements of production line statistics, company inspections and audits. Prepares summary of performance and communicates to appropriate management so that effective corrective action plans can be set in place if necessary.
- Develops supplier capability (including necessary training), establishes proper reporting of in-process and final inspection and test results to Apple.
- Establishes discovery audit procedures and ensures performance.
- Provides full support to an assigned area of production/service.
- May direct the activities of other engineers and technicians on specific tasks.
- Acts as a consultant to other engineering groups on design of experiments and the analysis of test data to determine outcome.
- Able to drive FA (Failure Analysis) and improvement actions through data, such as Minitab or JMP.
- BS in engineering (Mechanical preferred) plus 4-10 years experience OR MS plus 2-4 years experience
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, with good English.
- Good initiative and independently problem solving skills.
- Familiar measurement knowledge will be a plus.
- Traveling flexible and on site support needed.
Submit your application to: http://appleasia.avature.net/ursite?jobId=746