Microsoft Enterprise Services: Engagement Manager
Enterprise Services: Overview and Job Descriptions - Japan
Microsoft Services help customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are a global team of exceptional people who deliver world class services with partners, earning customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by Improving the overall Customer and Partner Experience, Serving as the customer advocates within Microsoft and Driving customer-centric product improvement.
The Engagement Manager (EM) is responsible for engagement delivery quality and customer satisfaction by scoping and shaping deals in close collaboration with the Services Executive and Architect. The Engagement Manager role owns the problem statement from the perspective of the customer and is on point for setting and managing Customer expectations throughout Deal and Delivery phases. This role has the responsibility of identifying appropriate skills profiles of each delivery team, based on Customer requirements and Solution design, and is the primary escalation point for the team and Customer throughout delivery. The EM manages a Portfolio of Engagements, and is responsible for ensuring Financials, Risk and Quality Management of that portfolio.
• Supports Services Sales with Business Development related to accounts that are assigned to his/her Engagement Portfolio. Ideally, the SE and EM plans the prioritization of Accounts, and contributes with Customer knowledge to support strategic prioritization of Accounts.
• Works closely with the Services Executive (SE) and Architect during the phases of Deal Management, assisting the SE with pricing, resource management, risk management etc. and coordinating all-up development of the Statement of Work (SOW).
• Is responsible to set up each Engagement in internal systems (incl. setting up cost- and bill rates, project start and end dates, project value etc.), upon receiving deal approval by the SE/Customer.
• Is accountable for defining deliverable acceptance and reporting procedures, scope validation, setting expectations and fostering a culture within each Delivery Team, where Quality and Knowledge Management is fundamental. This includes engagement/project kickoff and holding Conditions of Satisfaction (COS) discussions with stakeholders.
• Tracks the performance of the engagement portfolio, the quality and timelines of deliverables, monitors any risks or issues and reports on the effectiveness and profitability of the engagement against the baseline plan.
• Drives project governance including activities concerning issue escalation within the client organization and internal to Microsoft, change management processes, and addressing concerns raised in quality reviews with Microsoft stakeholders, partners, client stakeholders and respective steering committees.
Message from Hiring Manager:
Do you enjoy working with customers to understand their business needs, helping them create a team to deliver a solution that can help them meet their business objectives? Do you thrive on building strong business relationships, develop and grow the business and drive Customer Satisfaction? Do you like to manage delivery relationships with enterprise customers and partners and provide oversight of multi-phased, complex solution concepts?
· Have completed or on track to complete a MBA program (full time / part time) by the time of hire.
· Have accepted a Microsoft FTE position no more than 6 months following graduation from their MBA program
· Eligibility for our MACH MBA program is a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 7 years combined work experience (preferably marketing experience within a sales team/org) prior to attaining the MBA degree.
· Language fluency in Japanese. Business level or above in English
· Competency to Drive for Results; Collaboration; Influencing for Impact; Adaptability; Judgment; Customer Focus
· IT Implementation (e.g. CMM and CMMI), IT Service delivery and Support (e.g. ITIL Foundation), Project Management fundamentals (e.g. PMI or equivalent) and Industry-specific certifications (as and if applicable)
Microsoft Academy of College Hires (MACH)
The MACH Program is an 18-24 month comprehensive on-boarding and development program custom designed for our newest MBA hires in Microsoft’s Sales, Marketing and Services Group (SMSG).
The MACH program enables you to start strong, build your networks and drive your long-term career at Microsoft. We do this by offering you world-class training designed for executives, a global community of over 1800 MACH program alumni in over 60 countries and coaching from some of the brightest minds in the industry. The MACH program is global in scale and encompasses all of our regions in Europe, India, Middle East and Africa (IMEA), Asia Pacific, China and Japan (APJC), and the Americas.