Consumer and Partner Group: Product Marketing Manager
Consumer and Partner Group: Overview and Job Descriptions - Japan
The Japan PC Business Strategy Team in Consumer and Partner Group (CCG) drives category marketing strategies and tactics to support sell-in and sell-thru of all consumer PC platform products, including Windows, Office and PC Hardware through all CCG channels: Retail, Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) and Operator Channel. We work as a team to drive focus, prioritization and retail execution at the country level in full alignment with the goals and objectives of our internal Microsoft stakeholders, which includes multiple Business Groups, Product Management/Marketing Groups, and Channel/Segment Sales and Marketing Teams. Also, we work closely with the Corporate Headquarter teams to drive consistent programs and campaigns to win in the global consumer business.
Product Marketing Manager responsibilities include:
· Partner with Business Groups to develop the global category strategy, programs and initiatives across all CCG channels (Retail, OEM and Operator Channel)
· Work closely with the Corporate Headquarter teams to drive consistent programs and campaigns to win in the global consumer business
· Coordinate consistent execution across all channels
· Ensure country-level alignment to channel programs and objectives, with crisp understanding of the internal stakeholder’s business/product strategies and goals
· Conduct monthly business reviews to track field performance, ensure adequate field support and relay feedback to internal stakeholders
· Manage revenue, forecasting, attach rates, contribution margin and marketing and rebate spend
· Help drive sales quota and marketing funds allocation processes
· Provide guidance, input and advice regarding markets, partners, levers, trends, capabilities, and timelines
· Develop and execute scalable programs leveraging global best practices to win in the consumer business
· Have completed or on track to complete a MBA program (full time / part time) by the time of hire.
· Have accepted a Microsoft FTE position no more than 6 months following graduation from their MBA program
· Eligibility for our MACH MBA program is a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 7 years combined work experience (preferably marketing experience) prior to attaining the MBA degree.
· Language fluency in Japanese. Business level or above in English
Microsoft Academy of College Hires (MACH)
The MACH Program is an 18-24 month comprehensive on-boarding and development program custom designed for our newest MBA hires in Microsoft’s Sales, Marketing and Services Group (SMSG).
The MACH program enables you to start strong, build your networks and drive your long-term career at Microsoft. We do this by offering you world-class training designed for executives, a global community of over 1800 MACH program alumni in over 60 countries and coaching from some of the brightest minds in the industry. The MACH program is global in scale and encompasses all of our regions in Europe, India, Middle East and Africa (IMEA), Asia Pacific, China and Japan (APJC), and the Americas.